After experiencing a devastating fire, you’re left with smoke damage spread throughout your home. In addition to putting off an unpleasant odor, soot residue can be hazardous.
Soot is a black residue that accumulates after a fire. House fires and insufficient ventilation in the fireplace (also known as a puffback) are some of the most common causes of soot damage within the home.
Risks of Smoke Damage:
- Soot particles are toxic. The particles stick to surfaces all over your home and expose them to the harmful effects.
- It impacts indoor air quality, in addition to leaving a foul odor and stain.
- The toxic particles can be inhaled and cause breathing issues including asthma, bronchitis, and more respiratory illnesses.
- Soot is corrosive. If your electronics seem to be working now, they may fail later if not properly restored.
Although dealing with a disaster can be stressful, know that you’re not alone. The professionals at ServiceMaster of Bethlehem are committed to being by your side every step of the way to get life back to normal. Our team is trained on the proper ways to restore your property after experiencing soot and smoke damage. Get help now, Contact Us today.